I’m joining SIA as a Flight stewardess. =)
Summary of the interviews i've attended.. 5 rounds in total.
________________________________________________________________________
1 Dec 2007 - walk-in interview at sheraton towers.
There was already a long queue when we arrived at 930am. the first thing was measurement of height and weight, before we proceeded for the rest.
1st round – Group of 10 girls and 2 interviewers.
We waited from
3 out of 10 passed..
2nd round –
Stage 1: Kebaya walk
We were told to grab a set of kebaya and changed within 5 mins. one by one, we walked to and fro towards a lady who screen me tip to toe. afterwhich she asked a few questions.
Stage 2: Skin check
We were made to stand under a bright beam of light; another lady did a thorough check on the face, neck, and hands. Anyway, yep same thing, a few questions were posted.
4 out of 10 got thru.
3rd round –
One to one interview with the hr executive.
Questions asked include:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why do you want to join SIA?
3. What do you think you can contribute to SIA?
4. What do you know about SIA?
5. What is customer service?
6. Name the 4 states that SQ flies to.
7. You will be away from family and friends, how do you handle this?
8. What do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A few scenarios cases were given:
e.g: a drunken passenger asked for more beer, what will you do?
Lastly, i was given a passage, and i have to stand and read.
6 out of 10 got thru.
4th round – one interviewee with 2 interviewers from the management level. (1 Caucasian man and an Asian lady)
Questions asked were almost similar to the 3rd round but they queried more on my family. Perhaps they just want to ensure my family is supportive and I do not have other unnecessary issues.
6 out of 10 got thru.
5th round – medical checkup and some questionnaires. 4 out of 5 successful.
__________________________________________________________________________
The 4 months training will commence on
Now a week more before I come to an end with Pfizer Clinical Research Unit (PCRU).
It became a dilemma ever since I got the job. I'm really looking forward to it regardless of the outcome, at least I know I have tried and I have no regrets. Despite the considerable push factor, there are still emotional concerns - People whom i will miss and memories that i will reminisce.
Aw~ enough said.. The more I say here, the more I miss my job...
I sincerely appreciate all the wishes and advices.
I will still be myself, i will, and i have to. i will still be the shandy you know. i promise.