Sunday, January 04, 2009
Happy new year 2009
Happy new year everyone! i spent the very ist minute of 2009 in italy-milan. it was my first time spending the precious annual affair overseas. i was extremely excited to spent countdown under the snow. we were soo excited that the cold and our frozen toes were disregarded. we took more than 1000 photos in milan and venice just within 3 days spent there. i had an absolutely marvellous flight, with my dearest denise and a wonderful set of crew. =) it has been long since i get such nice people to work with. and to compliment the festive season, the load for the first 3 sectors was so light, barely a quarter of the aircraft load. But I took it for granted and I made a few unforgivable silly mistakes. nevertheless my leading was so nice; he did not reprimand neither nor fuss over it. Instead he teased me of my blurness and he just laughed it off with me. Moreover I was on check, he did not penalise me at all. In return, the guilt kinda haunt me a little because I made my both leadings ran around for service recovery. =(. I apologised umpteen times when they did not even hold it to heart. They are simply lovely, aren’t they?! I worked as b2, galley work on the return sector into sin, nothing new huh.. I am rather comfortable with galley work now. But next to worry is working in the premium class. Alright enough of work, I enjoyed my stay in Milan sooo much. Credits to fun loving denise.

Venice simply took my breath away. We still contemplated if we should head to Venice, because of the cold and the 3 hours ride. However god was so kind to us, Venice was sunny with the chills. So it was pretty good for us. I would love to visit the place with bf in future. =) I hope the barriers they have sited around venice shield it from sinking. I don’t want to lose this beautiful island. but the sole transportation by boat on the island makes the place unique. i love all the pictures taken in Venice and Milan.

Anyway just a little recap for 2008:
The biggest change in my life was my career switch from the beginning of the 2008. I embarked this exciting career of mine in January where we have to go through 3.5 months of intensive training in sia training centre. I think I’ve grown under the pressure of the unique sia culture. I hope its for the better. =) probably the most distinctive improvement is socialising/public relation skills, sometimes I feel a little hypocritical, but I’ve to admit praises that do not harm make wonders at times. Besides that, my career has brought me around the globe. I’ve been to many places in 2008, so many that it is hard for me to name them individually. But certainly, the perk of my job fulfils my thirst for travelling. I’ve always imagine myself being in places in my geography books, history books, encyclopaedias, discovery channels and in movies. Sometimes I can’t believe I’ve actually been there, done that. Amazing 2008. looking back, it feels that I’ve just joined sia, first day in stc, being ignorant of how life of an air stewardess should be. Then I get to know a great bunch of batchmates. Sweetheart donna, venecia, lindy, Jennifer, dearest chloe, baby sherry, jovial jane and everyone of batch 944.

I must also give my sincere appreciation for my dearest bf, who has never failed to be with me, through ups and downs, always encouraging me when I almost stop trying. He has been very supportive, very understanding and very thoughtful. In fact I must thank him for giving the little push on my back when I almost retreated for the sia interview because I was scared. I still remember his words of encouragement, he said, “I’m quite certain you will get through.” Without this final drive, I think I would have just back out on the day of the interview. Along the way, I get real emotional when I was stressed during training, when I get lonely outstations, when I missed home badly and when I get upset at work. He is always there, despite physically miles apart. Appropriate concern and the necessary freedom and trust he gave me touched me totally. Webcams, distant phonecalls, sending me to and fro from the airport were pen down in my heart. I know what he has done for me. Thank you bf, I love u. always. =)

And my family and besties, they have to arrange according to my schedule. I appreciate their understanding too. love all of them.

Resolutions for 2009:
1. First that came to my mind is… I hope baby sherry can have a smooth sailing year, get her dreams fulfilled and one day we can meet overseas. =)
2. I hope bf’s career continues to improve, and luck continues to rise, everything will just shine for him.
3. I hope besties find their happiness individually.
4. I hope my family ties will get better
5. I’m contented to continue to have everything I have. =)
Lastly I’m looking forward for leefong jie and james’s wedding in oct.















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Labels:



Love, Shandy.
10:10 PM


+*"~ About me ~"*+
Name: Shandy Yap Shiwei
Emailadd: shandy_flute@yahoo.com OR
shandy_wei@hotmail.com

Location: Singapore
First Cry: 12 September 1985
Horoscope: Virgo
Lurfee:
* My Emperor Sim
* My family
* My besties liting, aihui+jeff choo, yanting+sumo, jasmine+jeremy, and the guys
* good friend tanny
* cardiac angels yizhen, junel, weiling, debbie, meiria, meihui, xinying, weiping.
* sweetheart batchgirls venie, donna, lindy, jenn
Wishlist:
* Wonderful colleagues onboard
* To be happy~ =)
Places i've been to:
* Africa- johannesburg
* Australia- Adelaide
* Australia - Brisbane
* Australia - Melbourne
* Australia - perth
* Australia - Sydney
* Canada- Vancouver
* China - beijing
* China - hong kong
* China - Shanghai
* France - Paris
* greece - athens
* Holland - Amsterdam
* India - bombay
* Indonesia - batam
* Indonesia - bintan
* Indonesia - jakarta
* Italy - Rome
* Italy - milan
* Japan - Nagoya
* Japan - Osaka
* Japan - Tokyo
* Korea - Seoul
* Malaysia- Cameron Highlands
* Malaysia - genting highlands
* Malaysia - kuala lumpur
* Malaysia - terengganu
* Maldives - male
* New Zealand - auckland
* New Zealand - Christchurch
* Pulau ubin
* Philippines - manila
* Russia - Moscow
* switzerland - zurich
* taiwan - taipei
* turkey - istanbul
* United kingdom - london
* United kingdom - manchester
* United States - los angeles
* United States - Texas - Houston
* United States - Sans Francisco
* UAE - abu dhabi
* UAE - Dubai
darr-links
*My dear ones*
cassis collections
Darling AIHUI aka Avril
Darling Yanting aka Kate
Jie
*Shuqun*
Belinda
Yaying
Evelyn
*S'pore Poly*
Weiling
XiaoB
*SIA*
Sherry lee
Lindy Tan
Venecia
Jennifer
*Others*
Gerald
my links
Shandy's friendster
Shandy's facebook
Perfect blogshop for bags - Cassis room

Olivia - Sometimes When We Touch - Olivia
*_MeMoRiEs_*
x May 2004
x June 2004
x July 2004
x August 2004
x September 2004
x October 2004
x November 2004
x December 2004
x January 2005
x February 2005
x March 2005
x April 2005
x May 2005
x June 2005
x July 2005
x August 2005
x September 2005
x October 2005
x November 2005
x December 2005
x January 2006
x February 2006
x March 2006
x April 2006
x May 2006
x June 2006
x July 2006
x August 2006
x September 2006
x October 2006
x November 2006
x December 2006
x January 2007
x February 2007
x March 2007
x April 2007
x May 2007
x June 2007
x July 2007
x August 2007
x September 2007
x November 2007
x December 2007
x January 2008
x February 2008
x March 2008
x April 2008
x May 2008
x June 2008
x July 2008
x August 2008
x September 2008
x October 2008
x November 2008
x December 2008
x January 2009
x February 2009
x March 2009
x April 2009
x May 2009
x June 2009
x July 2009
x August 2009
x September 2009
x October 2009
x November 2009
x December 2009
x January 2010
x February 2010
x March 2010
x April 2010
x May 2010
x June 2010
x August 2010
x September 2010
x October 2010
x December 2010
x February 2011