The flight to athens was tough, the flight from athens was tougher. Omg. The usual light load for Athens wasn’t for us. Just 2 days before the flight, prudential Vietnam decided to fly with us. And the group of them accounted to 200pax for economy class. imagine the load without them. nevertheless during this period of time, we should be glad they chose us, especially during this period of time. But we were sooo lucky, they flew back on the day we departed. We were still pondering about the reason of our full load to and fro, whereas the handover load is merely ¼ of the entire plane. we were so lucky, aren’t we? Lol. They love cup noodles, 120 cup noodles specially catered for them, were all consumed during the first meal service. the steward ended staying in the galley cooking noodles. haha... And they then surprised us with their own cup noodles after ours was depleted. Almost all the pax have cup noodles ready in their bag! mid way during meal service, a pax collapsed with pulse but no breathing! there were no medical personnel onboard. =( but thankfully the pax has signs of life after oxygen was given. Still fatigue, the pax was brought to the premium class for more comfort. Phew~ this was the 4th time I encountered fainting onboard, all were pretty well managed by the senior crew members.
It was a fulfilling trip to Athens. I did a great deal of sightseeing and had truckloads of photos taken. I enjoyed the company of my lovely sightseeing khakis – Vivian whom I flew with for her first solo (we remembered each other cos that was my ist month and her ist solo and we were the only 2 stewardess onboard.), li yuin whom I flew with just before the Athens flight without knowing we’ll be doing Athens together haha, and shawn from batch 943. 4 of us did sightseeing for all the 4 days in Athens. Athens is beautiful and I promise to visit santorini if I’m there again!
Day 1:
- acropolis ( but it was closed)
- panathenaikon stadium ; the first stadium where olympics games were held in 1896.
- national garden of athens
- synthama square for shopping
day 2: mycenae- epidaurus tour
- ist stop - the saronic gulf and its spectacular corinth canal
- 2nd stop - epidaurus and the theatre famous for its remarkable acoustics
- 3rd stop - tomb of agamemnon
- 4th stop - lionesses gate
- 5th stop - coastal road of saronic gulf
day 3: hydra island
we decided to take a ferry to another island out of athens.
day 4:
- parliament house of athens
- ruins of athens
- acropolis
Labels: athens